The primary purpose of the Programme Support role is to support the programme with the collation, interpretation, presentation, analysis and management of information and data to enable portfolio, programme and business management decision making. Provide support to the programme by supporting the assurance of quality of data, ensuring governance steps are followed, management of performance information of a programme by the recording analysing, monitoring and reporting of programme data. The role will work closely with other professions such as Business, Project Management, Project Controls and Financial Controls as well as central delivery teams responsible for delivery of baseline management and lifetime plan build.
• Daily management of actions, decisions and deliverables in line with Governance arrangements – ensuring coordination across the programme team.
• Ability to act as a gatekeeper, coordinator and focal point for requests for information coming to the Programme office.
• Collation and dissemination of reports, management information, programme milestones, risks and benefits on behalf of the Programme.
• Applying configuration management including records management, tracking of documents and the maintenance of action and issue logs.
• Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of relevant systems and processes in order to support improvement initiatives in the company.
• MSP (Managing Successful Programmes) Qualification- Foundation level
• Excellent communication skills and demonstrable experience of stakeholder management
• Ability to prioritise in order work in a pressurised environment to meet tight deadlines and ensure objectives are delivered effectively
• Ability to translate technical, financial or business management information into non-technical language
• Highly motivated
• Experience of working within a programme/business focussed role
• In depth knowledge and application of Microsoft packages, particularly the use of Excel for the detailed analysis of complex and sizable data sets, Word for report writing and Visio.
• Experience producing and presenting periodic performance information
• Experience in team working and relationship building